I LOVE TACOS!
I can eat tacos all day, every day. So thinking of what to whip up last night, I realized it was #TacoTuesday so obvi, I was making tacos! I've been browsing other food blogs, Pinterest and wanted to try something different for you guys and BOOM! I found a Cauliflower Walnut 'Taco Meat' version of tacos on one of my favorite blogs Pinch of Yum. For some odd reason, I have been craving Cauliflower.. weird, I know but seriously, this veggie can be whipped up into anything and it absorbs allll different flavors! #Winning
Honestly, I was VERY surprised how good these were. I opted to add your regular smegular taco mix along with other spices to the cauliflower mixture and it did WONDERS! Seriously, the mind is crazy because I really thought I was eating turkey meat! I am definitely not a vegetarian. I mean, I am half Puerto Rican and my Mom has no plans of not making pork, chorizo & rice or some type of beef dish. However, a good vegetarian dish is not bad either!
Get Ready for these simple ingredients:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite taco mix (Spicy.. if you like it)
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili poweder
- salt & pepper to taste
That is it! Seriously, you HAVE to try this recipe.. Let me know how it turns out and tag #JustAddHotSauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture is evenly ground (see picture).
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through to prevent over-browning.
Just like any taco or buritto bowl, serve over your favorite tortilla or rice and add all the toppings your heart desire!! My go-to's are:
- Guacamole (avocado, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, red onion, salt & pepper)
- Salsa (tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, salt & pepper to taste)
- Corn & Black Bean Salsa (sweet corn, drained black beans, cilantro, salt & pepper to taste)
Cheers to eating!!